Thursday, March 29, 2012

It's All In The Look

"I don't need a bedroom to prove my womanliness. I can convey just as much sex appeal, picking apples off a tree or standing in the rain."
~ Audrey Hepburn

I love to photograph faces.  It's always been my favorite of all.  Give me any photography situation, any background, any "set" and I will almost always go for the face.  
A portrait that "speaks to me" is one with eyes.  The eyes are EVERYTHING.  
It is a terrible misconception that you have to show parts of your body to be deemed sexy.  No, it can all be done with the eyes. Anyone can do it, we all have it in us.... yes, all of us.
When I found out that I can direct this and get this out of other people and capture it, I found my new passion.  


She thought she couldn't.  She feared she would look mad if she didn't smile because that is how pictures before had looked.  
I know how to direct every little thing down to the last eyelash to get the look, to get the eyes, to get the way that you felt on that day.



portrait photographer women photographer

No comments: