Friday, December 16, 2011

Batteries Not Included

Peace on Earth.  Goodwill to Men.  We Wish You a Merry Christmas.
All sayings and titles that we hear over the holiday season.
But the one that seems to be everywhere for me is...

Batteries not Included!

Yes it is that time.  As much as I love to focus on the Christmas spirit, it is inevitable that we must shop until we drop to get it all done.  And this year for me, with two little ones, EVERYTHING requires batteries!  That, by the way, are NEVER included!  Luckily I freshen my flash batteries after every shoot whether they need to be changed or not, so I have a huge surplus of half used batteries.  Weird, I know, but it works for our household since we do have all of the toys.
So the way I see it, why not look great while you're out there shopping in the mix of things.
I love this ensemble created by jne on Polyvore.  I am finished with my shopping (Hallelujah!) but for one of my outings, this is the look I'm going for.

Christmas shopping style fashion outfit


By the way, when I "Pinned" this to my "style" Pinterest Board, I realized that I may have a problem.  Apparently I am very drawn to wearing jeans and scarfs.  Hmmmm.  Maybe I'll go on a hunt for some more girlie looks.  I'll get back to you all on that one.
While I'm hunting for my new "feminine look" I'll leave you with this great video from Wendy's LookBook (one of my favorite fashion sites.... she's just so cute and funny).  So here is:
25 Ways to Wear a Scarf in 4.5 Minutes

2 comments:

julie - eab designs said...

Had to smile when I saw this post because I am definitely a scarf and jeans/cords kind of girl. Also, I think I've mentioned this before, but I wish we lived closer to each other so I could have you take photos of our family. Your pictures are always so amazing.

Mary Beth said...

Thanks so much Julie. I wished we lived closer so I could tour your beautiful home! We aren't too far actually. If your ever in the Charlotte area with your family let me know (: