Monday, April 25, 2011

Don't It Make My Brown Thumb Green: Our Raised Garden

So I've been singing this little ditty all day to the tune of "Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue" by Crystal Gail (which totally reminds me of tagging along with my mom while she was running errands when I was little).
If you read my list of reasons why I think my husband rocks, than you saw that he built me a raised garden.
Considering how much effort he put into this I figure I will force myself encourage myself to succeed.
Once upon a time ago I used to have a green thumb, then one day, I don't know what happened, but it wilted and became brown.  Or at least all of the plants that it tended to did.
Now we are going to try this again.


Raised Garden Tomato squash cucumber okra tips for raised gardens
And yes, he also brought home a couple of garden gnomes to help me...haha
tips for Raised Garden Bell Peppers
If you have any tips, suggestions, magic potions to offer, I'd love to hear about them.

1 comment:

julie - eab designs said...

Good luck with your raised beds. You'll love them. I'll be adding a few new plants to mine tomorrow. It's my favorite spot on our property.