Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Renaissance Land and Fairy Tale Dreams

As a little girl, as most little girls I suppose, I always wanted to jump into my storybooks, particularly my fairy tale books.
What little girl doesn't want to be a princess surrounded by the magic that fairy tales bring?
Then as I grew older, I fell in love with Shakespeare.  Particularly A Midsummer Night's Dream.
So to be able to walk through the pages of these stories makes me oh so happy and I anticipate the festival every fall.
As we once again passed through the gates of the Carolina Renaissance Festival, it was like stepping into a time machine.  We were immediately plucked out of our modern hustle bustle world and placed into the Elizabethan era.  The kids, in their wagon with the shade on it, were now little royalty riding in their coach.  That, of course, left us to be their servants... but what else is new?
We lost ourselves in the festivities, beauty and humor of it all.
We went to see shows, chomp down on a turkey leg, and even charm a faerie.  My head was swirling with all of the things there were to see and experience.  I didn't know which direction to go in next with all of the amazing art and acts that were there.
Next weekend is the last weekend, so if you want to find yourself in this state of mind, now's the time to go.

What kind of trouble do you suppose landed this guy in there?

Drew told the faerie that she was beautiful.

It won her heart and she gave him some very special tokens of her affection, her heart shaped stone.

No comments: